Celebrate Easter with these delicious Vegan Easter Bunny Pastries – perfect breakfast for Easter Day or if you just want to share something sweet and special with your friends and family. Best of all, this recipe is easy to make and they look seriously gorgeous. Orange cream cheese on puff pastry cut into cute bunnies holding mini eggs, you’ll love making these and wont stop at one I’m sure!
Vegan Easter Bunny Pastries
I am so excited for Easter baking this year! I have so many ideas, flavour combinations and designs in mind, I can’t wait to get started! Starting off with these adorable little vegan easter bunny pastries. Seriously, how cute are they! Flakey puff pastry filled with orange cream cheese and topped with a mini egg – they are so perfect for Easter Baking!
If you’re looking for a quick, simple and fun recipe to bake over Spring, Easter and the Easter holidays, this is the recipe for you. They have a crisp and flakey exterior and a sweet orange filling which is honestly like taking a bite out of heaven!!
Why you’ll love this recipe:
- Easy to make : Since the recipe only calls for ‘ready to roll’ pastry, it makes this recipe super quick and easy to make.
- Orange: The best part about the ‘danish’ is the fresh, fruity and citrus flavour of the cream cheese filling. It’s really delicious!
- Cream filling : To prevent the cream cheese from melting in the oven, add in some flour and sugar to help keep it in shape so you bite into a delicious pillow of cream cheese and it tastes scrumptious!
- Easter fun : Whip up a batch of these for breakfast and they will sure impress! Great fun for kids and big kids alike to get involved in making.
- Fun to make : I love making hand held pies and pastries as they are super fun and easy to make. You can get creative by using different Easter shaped cookie cutters, or enjoy a variety of flavours including lemon, lime or even spices such as cinnamon.
Ingredients you’ll need:
- Puff pastry : Use a ready rolled puff pastry. Make sure it’s vegan (and gluten-free). My favourite is Jus-Rol.
- Dairy-free cream cheese : Use a good quality vegan cream cheese such as Violife.
- Plain flour : You don’t need any rise in the filling, so use a plain white or gluten-free plain flour.
- Sugar : Caster sugar works best, you can also use granulated sugar.
- Orange Zest : This can be from large oranges or nectarines.
- Orange flavouring : To get a rich orange flavour, it’s best to use orange extract / orange flavouring.
- Dairy-free milk : You can use any dairy-free milk, including almond, soya, oat or cashew.
- Vegan mini eggs : The mini eggs I use are ‘Good Eggs’ from Doisy and Dam. I picked them up in Asda.
How to make Vegan Easter Bunny Pastries
You are going to have a blast making these gorgeous little vegan easter bunny pastries. Remember, the full method and ingredients list is in the recipe card at the bottom of the page. Happy Baking!
Roll out the puff pastry sheet and use a bunny cookie cutter to chomp out the shapes. Score a smaller bunny shape inside with a knife.
- Orange cream
Mix all of the orange cream ingredients together until a thick paste. Transfer into a piping bag and pipe into the scored shape. Roll a ball of foil and stick into the middle of the bunny, adding on the arms and brush over some dairy-free milk.
Sprinkle over sugar and bake until golden in colour. Remove the foil ball and replace with a vegan mini egg.
Best served fresh, crispy and flakey, day of making.