These are the BEST EVER Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies! They’re super chewy pumpkin cookies, stuffed with a dairy-free cream cheese filling, rolled in pumpkin spice sugar with mini pumpkins on top. They’re the perfect fall treat and every pumpkin lover will adore them!
Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies
Pumpkin cookies with cream cheese filling and frosting will give you just one more reason to love fall! They are perfectly soft, moist and chewy and covered in warming pumpkin spice sugar which we all love this time of year. It’s a cookie that everyone will love, even if you’re not the biggest fan of pumpkin! They are vegan friendly, free from egg and dairy!
What are Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies?
I have taken my two favourite fall desserts and combined the two to create this delicious treat. Pumpkin spice cookies meet cheesecake in the ultimate way. You have a buttery, chewy pumpkin cookie which has been filled with a simple cream cheese ‘cheesecake’ filling. It’s a taste of heaven in each bite.
The great thing about these is that they are a dessert you can make for any occasion / social gathering this time of year and everyone will go CRAZY over them. Just make sure to bring along a whole batch of these beauties because they’ll go quickly, trust me!
Why you’ll love these cookies:
Fall is all about the scrumptious cozy flavours and textures. Nothing beats warming pumpkin spice along with creamy cream cheese and chewy cookie dough.
Taste is amazing: The cookie is perfectly spiced and flavoured with pumpkin puree.. drool!
Unbeatable texture: The cookies are ultra chewy which is everything you ever want in an pumpkin cookie.
They’re stuffed with creamy cream cheese: The filling is like biting into a soft vanilla cloud. It’s one of my favourite parts about these cookies.
Easy to make: You friends and family will be shocked you actually made these cookies as they look & taste like they’ve come out of a high end bakery.. they’re THAT GOOD, look and taste wise!
They’re fully vegan: This recipe is vegan friendly and doesn’t use any animal derived ingredients!
Ingredients for pumpkin cheesecake cookies
You can find the full method and ingredient measurement’s in the recipe card at the bottom of this post, but we’ll go over a very brief overview of ingredients needed to make pumpkin cheesecake cookies here!
- Dairy-free butter – Make sure it’s vegan block butter. My favourite is Flora Plant Butter and Naturli Vegan Block.
- Caster sugar – Fine white sugar is perfect.
- Dairy-free milk – You can use any dairy-free milk including almond, soya, oat and cashew for example.
- Vanilla – You can use vanilla extract or seeds from a vanilla pod for a richer flavour.
- All purpose / plain flour – Use plain flour for this recipe.
- Pumpkin puree – From a can. Fresh contains too much liquid and can result in the cookies not baking correctly.
- Pumpkin spice – A mixture of ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground cloves and ground ginger.
- Baking powder – Helps add rise and chew.
- Bicarbonate of soda – Helps to add rise and chew.
- Dairy-free cream cheese – Use your favourite vegan brand of cream cheese. My personally favourite is Violife or Supermarket own brand.
- Icing sugar – Also known as powdered sugar. Sieve before use to remove any clumps.
- Food gels – Make sure to use vegan food colours, linked here. For the brown stalk of the pumpkin, you can either use brown food gel or cocoa powder.
How to make pumpkin cheesecake cookies
You can find the fill written recipe along with method and quantities in the recipe card at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
Beat the butter and sugar together until creamy then add in the pumpkin puree and milk. Mix in flour, raising agents and pumpkin spice until a thick cookie dough. Use an ice-cream scoop to scoop the dough into balls of dough.
- Cheesecake filling
In a small bowl, cream together the cream cheese, flour and sugar until a thick paste consistency. Transfer into a piping bag, snip off the tip. Make a dent in the cookie dough and pipe in some of the filling. Make sure the filling is covered by the cookie dough.
- Pumpkin sugar
Mix the pumpkin spice and sugar in a bowl. Roll each ball of dough in the sugar and place on a lined baking tray.
Bake the cookies in the middle of the oven for 12-14 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Allow the cookies to cool on the tray before transferring to a wire rack to cool fully. Make sure the cookies are cold before frosting / decorating.
Cream the butter and cream cheese together, adding in the icing sugar and vanilla. Add a splash of milk until its a creamy consistency. Colour the frosting with orange, green and brown food gel. Transfer into separate piping bags and pipe on a pumpkin shape using the corresponding colours.
- Chilling and serve
Store in the fridge until ready to enjoy. Allow to come to room temperature before serving.