If you’re on the hunt for the BEST vegan carrot cake loaf…then look no further. This one is incredibly flavourful, moist, spicy and loaded with freshly grated carrot.
Forget about any other carrot cake loaf recipe because this is all you’ll ever need!
I love carrot cake! The flavours, texture and overall warmth a carrot cake gives you, it’s the ultimate comfort food.
How to make the BEST vegan carrot cake loaf?
When you have too many carrots in your fridge and you need to use them up, there is no better option than a vegan carrot cake loaf. I mean, you could go the healthy route and have some carrots and hummus, but a carrot cake loaf is way better – haha!
This loaf has everything you want in a loaf, it’s moist ( i know we all hate that word, but there isn’t any better way that describes it). It’s also spicy, fresh, light, filled with freshly grated carrot and its incredibly easy to make.
What makes this recipe so easy?
The best thing about this recipe is that it literally takes minutes to make and pop into the oven.
The loaf itself can be made in one bowl, and contains only a few ingredients. You’ve probably already go the ingredients in your kitchen as we speak.
The frosting is also super easy to make, and requires little to no skill when decorating.
I love swirling my frosting over the top of the loaf, for a rustic feel. It makes me want to dive in and grab a piece immediately.
Looking for more spring recipes? Look no further:
Vegan Carrot Cake Loaf frequently asked questions:
- Why did my vegan carrot cake loaf sink in the middle?
There are a few factors if you experience your loaf sinking. 1. Your loaf tin is too small. If you use a small tin, the middle of the loaf struggles to bake resulting in sinking. Fill it 3/4 full, and you’ll be fine. 2. Over-mixing. Thankfully, I doubt this will happen as the batter is super easy to make, but if you find yourself mixing longer than needed, the batter can become dense.
- Can I use coconut oil instead of sunflower oil for this recipe?
No. For this recipe, its best to stick with a vegetable oil or sunflower oil. Coconut oil hasn’t the right texture for this loaf. Not only that, but the flavour of the coconut is overwhelming and doesn’t pair that nicely with the spices.
- Do I have to add the spices?
I mean, you don’t HAVE too, but then it’s not really a carrot cake loaf. Carrot cake has the flavour of fresh carrots along with ground spices, so if you’re wanting a classic and most of all, extremely tasty vegan carrot cake loaf, you definitely need the ground spices!
- Can I use less sugar in the recipe?
As sugar plays a main part in the stability of the loaf, I wouldn’t advise messing with the recipe at all.
The secret to the best vegan carrot cake loaf:
There are a few tips and tricks you’ll want to know, so you’ll be making the perfect vegan carrot cake loaf each time!
- Make sure to peel your carrots before grating.
- Sift the flour with the spices: This makes sure everything is incorporated evenly, and you wont get clumps of ground spice in your loaf.
- Make sure to keep an eye on the loaf. You don’t want to leave it and for it to burn!
- Check to see if the loaf has fully baked by inserting a skewer down the middle of the loaf. If it’s clean, it’s ready to come out and be placed on a wire rack to cool fully. If the skewer has some batter on it, the loaf needs more time to bake in the oven.