I am so excited that Pret has released their vegan ‘Chocolate & Almond Butter recipe’ so we can make it at home during quarantine!
Makes- 8 large cookies
Baking time- 8-10 minutes
– 43g of Caster sugar
– 112g of Soft light brown sugar
– 4g of Salt
– 40g of Almond pieces
– 112g of Dark chocolate pieces
– 205g of Plain flour
– 20g of Cocoa powder
– 1/2 teaspoon of Bicarbonate of soda
– 65g of Coconut oil
– 72g of Almond butter
– 100g of Golden syrup
– 40g ofWater
To make the cookies
1. Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
2. Pour the caster sugar, soft light brown sugar, flour, almond pieces, salt and chocolate pieces into a large bowl. (For best results sieve the cocoa, flour and bicarbonate of soda).
3. Mix the almond butter, oil, water and golden syrup together and add to the bowl.
4. Mix together with a wooden spoon and then bring the dough together using your hands.
5. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Split your dough into 8 golf ball-sized balls and flatten slightly with the palm of your hand.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes (This will vary depending on thickness – if the edges of cookie feel firm but the
centre is still soft, it should be ready to take out).
7. Leave to cool for 20 minutes.
They’ll be very soft, but will harden whilst they cool.
Serve with a side of chocolate ganache for dunking (optional).
Make sure you follow me on my social media
I would love to see your take on my recipes. Tag me on social media using the hashtag #Blogofvegan #thelittleblogofvegan
All of my social media links are in the side bar…come and say hi!
Share and follow me for more yummy posts to come!