These soft and chewy Vegan Lime Curd Cookies are refreshing, zesty and delicious. The perfect texture cookie filled with chocolate chips, topped with a simple lime curd and fresh lime slices. They are every lime lover’s dream come true! Vegan, egg-free, dairy-free and ready in under 20 minutes!
Vegan Lime Curd Cookies
I’ve found my new favourite cookie for summer- the LIME cookie! They’re insanely lime-y, as well as perfectly buttery, light, moist, and absolutely packed with lime in pretty much all forms you can think of!
They’re an upgrade from my ‘Vegan Lemon Swirl Cookies and Vegan Strawberry Swirl Cookies‘. I took inspiration from those recipes, added a load of lime zest, juice & lime curd and voila, the result is the most SPECTACULAR lime cookie! You get all the buttery, zesty and ‘melt-in-the-mouth’ goodness of the lime cookies, with the added tangy creaminess of the lime curd. I’m pretty sure you couldn’t stuff any more lime in there if you tried. They have definitely reached maximum lime capacity, and it’s AMAZING!
The BEST Lime Cookies EVER
I really wanted this recipe to be the ULTIMATE lime cookies, so I made sure to include both fresh lime juice and lime zest in both cookie dough and curd. I even topped the cookies with some lime zest sprinkled over the top and a juicy lime segment, just in case you didn’t know the flavour of the cookie already – haha!
You can’t beat a citrus cookie when the sun is out and shining! The cookies are tangy, fresh and slightly tart. Lime has a really unique, sweet yet slightly acidic flavour to it which I personally love. Chocolate goes spectacularly with lime so the cookie also features some delicious chocolate chunks -YUM!
Ingredients you’ll need:
This recipe is super quick, easy with ingredients you might possibly already have in your kitchen / pantry! Find the full ingredients list and quantities in the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Limes – Make sure they are washed and are un-waxed.
- Coconut milk – Use the thick white cream from a can of coconut milk (see notes at the bottom of the recipe card for more detail).
- Caster sugar – Make sure to use a fine, white sugar for this recipe. Granulated white sugar will add a grainy texture.
- Cornflour / cornstarch – This helps to thicken to curd.
- Green food gel – To turn the curd into a gorgeous green, you can either use a drop of green food gel or a natural colour such as spinach.
- Dairy-free butter – You want it soft at room temperature, this makes it easier to cream. My favourite vegan butters are ‘Naturli Vegan Block’ or ‘Flora Plant Butter’.
- Dairy-free milk – Any dairy-free milk works for this recipe including oat, almond, soya or cashew.
- Plain flour – Use plain flour / all purpose flour for this recipe.
- Baking powder + bicarbonate of soda – Helps to add rise and a nice chew to the cookies.
- Vegan chocolate chips – Added into the cookie dough, so tasty!!
- Icing sugar – Dust over the cookies before serving. Helps to add sweetness and looks like they have come out of a bakery!
How to make lime curd?
Move over lemon curd, you have to try this delicious vegan lime curd. It has the same basis of my popular ‘Vegan Lemon Curd‘, but uses fresh lime juice and lime zest for the most unreal lime flavour.
You can strain the finished lime curd to remove any bits of lime or zest, but personally I love having little pieces of lime in the curd, it adds so much more flavour!
The lime cookie dough includes the zest of three limes and also two teaspoons of freshly squeezed lime juice. This makes the cookies incredibly fragrant and tangy and you really get a lime kick in every single bite. As the recipe calls for lime zest, I always recommend unwaxed / organic limes when making this recipe or any recipe which calls for fruit zest.
How to make Vegan Lime Curd Cookies
- Lime Curd
Add all of the lime curd ingredients into a saucepan over the hob. Heat and allow to bubble away until it thickens. Remove from the heat, transfer into a heat proof bowl and allow to cool down
- Lime Curd
Mix the butter and sugar together in a bowl, then add in the rest of the ingredients until a thick cookie dough. Fold in the chocolate chips. Scoop into balls and place on a lined baking tray, coat with sugar and bake.
Allow the cookies to cool down fully on the tray before topping with the lime curd.
Transfer the lime curd into a piping bag, snip off the tip and pipe or spoon to the middle of the cookies. Top with a fresh lime slice, lime zest and a dusting of icing sugar.