This unbelievably vegan lemon possett is creamy and indulgent, made with just 4 simple ingredients and could not be easier. Vegan Lemon Posset is a really impressive dessert that takes minutes to make, and minutes to put together, served in a real lemon! This one’s for the lemon lovers!
Vegan Lemon Possett
This lemon posset recipe makes for the perfect summer dessert. It’s thick, creamy and silky smooth with a delicious citrus tang to it, but at the same time… it’s absolutely refreshing. Lemon possets are stylish when served in a fresh lemon half, they’re super fun and quirky. It’s the perfect dinner party, BBQ or Summer gathering dessert, as they can be made ahead of time and frozen!
Love lemon desserts, check these out:
- Vegan Lemon Curd Cake
- The BEST Vegan Lemon Muffins
- Vegan Lemon Sweet Rolls
- Starbucks Vegan Lemon Loaf Cake
- Mini Vegan Lemon Tartlets
- Easy Vegan Lemon Cookies
What is lemon possett?
If you’ve never heard of this dessert, lemon possett is a much loved and classic British dessert. Lemon posset is a rich and creamy dessert made with double cream, sugar and lemon. It became popular in the 19th century, changing slightly over the years to the well loved, creamy dessert we all know and love today.
It is unbelievably delicious, and so much fun to make.. you’ll love making them!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Easy – Just 4 simple ingredients mixed together in a pan, and blended… it’s that easy.
- No-Bake – The recipe doesn’t require any cooking in the oven!
- Vegan – This recipe is 100% vegan friendly and doesn’t use any animal based or derived ingredients.
- Gluten-free – The recipe is gluten-free / free from gluten! Always make sure the ingredients you use are gluten-free and are free from any cross contamination.
- Impressive – Served in fresh lemon halves, this lemon dessert seriously impressive looking (and tasting).
- Can be prepared in advance – If you are having a dinner party, these are the perfect make in advance dessert.
- Great way to use up lemons – Lots of lemons go into making this dessert, so it’s a great way to use them all up over summer.
Ingredients for vegan lemon possett
Lemons – Use un-waxed lemons for this recipe. Make sure they’re fresh.
Caster sugar – A fine, white caster sugar works perfectly in this recipe. I wouldn’t recommend coconut sugar or anything like that, it’ll effect the flavour and texture of the filling.
Vegan cream – Use a thick vegan cream, use as thick white coconut cream or a double cream. The Coconut Collaborative Double Cream works a dream.
Silken tofu – Don’t get this mixed up with firm tofu. You only want to use silken tofu for this recipe, it will make the dessert thick and super creamy. Make sure to drain the water from the tofu before use. I like to use a tofu press to remove any excess water.
How to make vegan lemon possett
- Melt cream, sugar and lemon juice
Ad the cream, sugar and lemon juice into a saucepan, heat over low / medium until the sugar has fully melted. Set aside to cool.
Add the lemony mixture and the tofu into a high speed blender, blend until smooth and creamy.
Cut fresh lemons in half and scrape out the middle. Use some kitchen paper to dry the inside of the lemons. Pour the lemon possett mixture into the lemons.
- Chill until set
Place into the fridge until set, this will take around 4-6 hours or preferably overnight.
Serve on a plate with a fresh mint leaf (optional), spoon and enjoy!
If you make, and love this recipe, please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below. Thank you & happy baking! Make sure to tag me in your photos on Instagram and Facebook! And if you want to pin this recipe for later, you can use the button on the recipe card, above or below this post, or on any of the photos. Happy baking all!Print